- The X80 is yet another stick from the Vapor series that shares most of the same technology as its higher end counterparts, at a fraction of the price.
- The Vapor series of sticks from Bauer looks at puck handling and quick release shots as the main areas of focus. The Intelli-Sense Flex Profile can be found throughout most of the line and offers dual flex zones that offer different performance benefits depending on the placement of your lower hand. The higher flex point delivers powerful slap shots and one-timers, while the lower flex point provides that quick release with accuracy and control enhancements from the Vapor Premium Dual Taper.
- The X80 has the fused construction for where blade and shaft are joined. Bauer uses a combination of fiberglass and premium lightweight carbon fiber, which is visible in the shaft and adds some nice richness to the overall look. It also has the Micro Feel II shaft with rounded corners and double-concave walls which allows the shaft to fit comfortably into your hands, resulting in easier puck handling and superior control. The X80 is available with the Griptac finish.
- The Vapor Premium Dual Taper can be found as we transition down the shaft towards the blade. This type of shaft configuration allows for quick releases and decreases bending and twisting of the blade, which results in better puck control and accuracy. Blade control and accuracy are further enhanced by the Pure Shot Blade Profile, which is visible through the expanded throat.
- The blade construction of the X80 is very similar to that used in the higher-priced X90 where Bauer uses a single density and less brittle AERO FOAM 3 in the core of the blade, while the wrap is made of a visible premium lightweight 3k woven carbon fiber.
Be the first to review this product.